Steps To Consigning
The first thing to know about consigning is when each clothing consignment seasons begin. Winter clothing consignment begins on July 5th and Summer clothing consignment begins on January 2nd. Certain sizes fill up faster than others, so please call us after the first week of each season before bringing in clothing in for consignment.
Before we can accept any consignment clothing, the clothing must be freshly laundered and on hangers. If you don't have hangers we can usually provide them for you to hang them while they are in the store.
Please consider that we can not accept all clothing items for resale. Anything that is torn, stained, dirty, or too far out of style can not be accepted.
Once you've brought in your clothing, the process usually goes as follows:
- We create a consigner account.
- Your items are counted and placed in the queue to be tagged and put in inventory.
- Each item is entered into our system.
- Price tags are generated and we put them on the clothing.
- As each item sells, it is logged and you are free to pick up your money at your convenience.
- Any items that don't sell during the season can be picked up or it will be sold on clearance.
- Our clearance prices get progressively lower and if something doesn't sell at deep discount it can be picked up or donated.
- Typically if 100 items are consigned, around 90 are sold at full market price, 9 will be sold on clearance and 1 will be donated. (Please note: There really is no way to know what or why some items just don't sell)
Consignors will recieve 50% of any item that sells. High demand items may be offered a cash payment or larger consignment incentives. Contact us for our current "HOT LIST".
- Cash can be picked up in store at any time
- Checks can be mailed (minus a $5.00 processing fee)
- Gift certificates or store credit are always available